One of the questions I get asked frequently is about technology… about what tools I’m using, what new things I’m trying. This week, I’m launching my first e-book: “The Top 9 Tech Tools and Apps I’m Using to Get More Done!” In it, I share my favorite tools, and how I’m using each one.
Before you download and read it, a few words on the role of technology in your life:
Technology is not a savior or an enemy. It’s a magnifier.
It’s kind of popular to talk about tech as a savior (“This app is the greatest thing ever…”) or enemy (“it will make you ADHD and you’ll forget how to talk.”) But the truth is that it’s neither. The iPhone, the laptop… they didn’t cause your issues. They are only “magnifiers.” They simply magnify your strengths or weaknesses.
If you were easily distracted, not disciplined, lustful & have little self-control:
- …just wait until you meet Facebook & Youtube! Your problem is about to be magnified.
- …just wait until you meet the 12% of the internet that is porn.
- …wait until you have a video game permanently implanted in your life.
On the other hand, if you are growing in focus, discipline, spiritual desire and maturity:
- …just wait until you have an audio & text version of the Bible permanently implanted in your life!
- …just wait until you have tools that let you capture great ideas.
- …just wait until you have tools that allow you to keep commitments, track time, and manage details.
In other words:
…wait until you see what happens when you meet the tools & apps I talk about in this e-book!
- If This, Then That
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar (& Business Calendar)
- Morning Routine Alarm Clock
- StayFocusd Chrome Extension
And every one is free! Or at least they all have a free level or option.
So cut out the dramatic language about technology, and just go get busy magnifying what you do best. If you like the ebook, share this post with someone who might find that it can take their productivity up a notch!